Monday, February 24, 2014

Load day 23


Prompt: scrapbook the future



    "A Grandmother's Prayer"

    Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
    Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.
    Just give me a little hand to hold,
    And I'll forget that I'm growing old.

    I do not ask for cloudless skies,
    A life that's free from tears and sighs.
    Just give me a little face to kiss,
    And anxious moments will turn to bliss.

    For what is there, really, that means so much
    As little hands that reach and touch,
    As little eyes that search and see
    Only the best in fragile me?

    So let me grow more loving and wise
    By looking at life through their wide eyes.
    For through these little ones, you have given
    This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
    Author: Barbara Burrows

and my journaling reads
To Blake and Chloe
You are such wonderful children.
I know I don’t see you as much
as I like. But you two are such
a ray of sunshine in my life.
Both of you are so smart
that this world is yours
for the taking.
Work hard and follow
your dreams and
You can be anything
 you would like to be.
And no matter what.
remember Granny loves you
with all her heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment