Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LOAD24

 

20121024_130825

prompt: scrap a i was doing this when......
On July 20 1969. roughly 43 years ago Apollo 11 landed on the moon. And at 10:56 EDT Neil Armstrong made the first step on the moon. I was only 8 years old but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
The first thing that made it so memorable was the fact that I had a 9pm bedtime...no exceptions.. but because history was being made dad let me and my sister stay up. I remember watching this event unfold on television. The video was terrible. We had a black and white television with rabbit ears that we had to keep adjusting. and the audio was even worse. But all of that was no big deal it was just so exciting. I sat on the floor in front of the TV just amazed at what was going on. To think people were actually on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment